7 Key Tips for Studying in Canada

7 Key Tips for Studying in Canada

Are you thinking of studying in Canada? Surely at the beginning you have doubts about aspects such as the visa, the cost of living, the types of studies or the best cities to live in. Thus…

1. Is Canada a country with a student environment?

Yes, especially Vancouver! Canada has 700,000 college students and 105,000 college students, of whom 11% are foreigners. Also for the multiple sites of interest that you can enjoy outside the study hours.

2. What is the best city to live?

It depends on your tastes and your lifestyle. If you want a city that is alive, young, manageable, and multicultural, and with a decent climate, Vancouver is your best option!
If what you are motivated by are winter sports and mountains, and you are looking for a small, quiet place (but very touristy!), Then you have to go to Whister!

And if you want a more cosmopolitan city, with an incredible cultural mix (and you stand the cold well!), Then Toronto is your city!

3. Do I need to know English in order to live there?

No. You’ll learn as you go! Many people come to Canada to learn or improve the language. The first months you will have to try harder, but the people are very kind and always try to help.

Also, you will always have the option to study English in Canada before starting other studies in the country. Remember that with an English course in Canada you will not have permission to work at the same time. If you chose to study at the university or take a certified or coop course, your visa will allow you to combine studies and work.

4. What are the requirements for access to a postgraduate course?

To take a Postgraduate course, Colleges and Universities request an IELTS grade 6.0 – 7.0 or equivalent and have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent). In some cases they may request additional things such as letters of recommendation, cover letter, or even a personal interview.

5. Do I need a university permit to study in Canada?

Yes. It is essential to have your permit or certificate of studies to be able to study at a Canadian university.

6. If I am studying, how many hours can I work?

As long as you do some studies that allow you to work (University, Career Program or Certificates), you can work 20 hours during the school period, however during the vacation period you can work full time.

Some studies also give you access to professional internships and being able to work full-time for longer periods. Here we enclose our tips to work in Canada.

7. How far in advance should I start preparing the procedures?

The ideal is to start at least 6 months in advance taking into account all the procedures that must be carried out such as visa application, medical insurance contracting, accommodation search, etc.

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/freestudyadvisors.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Newspaper7/Newspaper/includes/wp_booster/td_block.php on line 352